CARTOONIST – DARWYN COOKE with 30% of the Popular Vote.
- DARWYN COOKE for DC: The New Frontier (DC Comics)
- KAGAN McLEOD for Infinite Kung Fu (Great Lakes Ninja Brotherhood)
- BRYAN LEE O’MALLEY for Scott Pilgrim’s Precious Little Life (Oni Press)
- SETH for Palooka-Ville #17 (Drawn & Quarterly)
- DAVE SIM for Cerebus (Aardvark-Vanaheim)
WRITER - SAMM BARNES and TY TEMPLETON (tie) each received 20% of the popular vote.
- SARA “SAMM” BARNES for Doctor Spectrum (Marvel MAX)
- IAN BOOTHBY for Simpsons Comics (Bongo)
- DARWYN COOKE for “Date Knight” from Solo #1 (DC Comics)
- TY TEMPLETON for The Batman Adventures (DC Comics)
- J. TORRES for Love As A Foreign Language (Oni Press) and Teen Titans Go! (DC Comics)
ARTIST - Kaare Andrews with 24% of the popular vote
- KAARE ANDREWS for Spider-Man/Doctor Octopus: Year One (Marvel)
- DAVID FINCH for Avengers #500-503/New Avengers #1 (Marvel)
- TOM GRUMMETT for Teen Titans #7-9, 13-15 (DC Comics)
- PIA GUERRA for Y The Last Man (DC/Vertigo)
- STUART IMMONEN for Superman: Secret Identity (DC Comics)
- CARY NORD for Conan (Dark Horse)
PUBLISHER - ARCANA STUDIO – 39% of the popular vote
- AARDVARK-VANAHEIM Publisher of Cerebus
- ARCANA STUDIO Publisher of Kade, Ezra, Ant & More!
- DRAWN & QUARTERLY Publisher of Louis Riel, Palooka-Ville, Dogs and Water, Way to Go and More!
- DREAMWAVE Publishers of Transformers comics, Devil May Cry
- I BOX PUBLISHING Publisher of Thieves & Kings
ACHIEVEMENT - DAVE SIM & GERHARD - 30% of the popular vote
- CHESTER BROWNAuthor of LOUIS RIEL: A COMIC STRIP BIOGRAPHY for bringing attention to Canadian history, as well as for raising cultural awareness of the graphic novel.
- SULEY FATTAHThe DRAWING THE LINE Anthology is a remarkable collection of strips by numberous comic creators, and has raised over $10,000 for cancer research at the Princess Margaret Hospital and the Hospital for Sick Children.
- LITTLE SISTERS BOOK STOREVancouver book store has been fighting against censorhip by Canada Customs for prohibiting the importation of adult materials – initially over adult comic books.
- DAVE SIM & GERHARDFor completing CEREBUS in 2004. Begun in 1977, this 300-issue series is a milestone in comic book publishing and is the longest running creator-owned comic book series.
- WORD ON THE STREETWord on the Street Festivals across Canada in September 2004 included many comic creators. The Festivals have helped raise awareness of graphic novels by Canadian creators in their event programming, particularly in Vancouver and Toronto.
The Harry Kremer Award for Outstanding Canadian Comic Book Retailer / La Récompense Harry Kremer pour détaillant exceptionnel canadien de Bandes Dessinées was posthumously given to NOW & THEN BOOKS (Kitchener, Ontario)
The Canadian Comic Book Creator Hall of Fame / Temple de la renommé créateur canadien de Bandes DessinéesAwards
LEO BACHLE AKA LES BARKER