Dear Canadian creators, retailers, publishers and other members of the Canadian comics community:
As we wind down the clock on 2011 and gear up for the end of the Mayan calendar in 2012, we thought we would ask Canadian comic book and graphic novel creators, publishers and retailers a few questions and get your thoughts about the last year, the scene in general, and what you have in store for 2012.
We’ll be running these on the joeshusterawards.com website as we get them. It is a great way to highlight what you did this year and give us a heads up on what is coming up for you next year.
Participation is completely optional, no worries if you can’t or don’t want to participate. Feel free to forward this to others who you feel may be interested in completing it.
Wishing you all a safe and happy holiday season on behalf of the Awards Association!
(Feel free to send your answers in French if you prefer!)
1. Tell us about yourself – a brief bio/intro.
2. What was your involvement in comics in 2011?
3. What was the highlight of the year for you re:
(a) comics publishing in general?
(b) comics by Canadian creators?
4. Was 2011 a good year for you?
(Retailers only – what do you consider to be the most significant new releases by Canadian creators for your store?)
5. Was 2011 a good year for comics?
6. Part of being on the scene is exhibiting at public events. Which Canadian ones (if any) did you support in 2011 and how do you feel they went for you? (This could include conventions, public festivals and additionally — for creators: store signings, gallery shows). Did you exhibit at any American events?
7. What do you have coming up in 2012? (If you can’t say, then maybe hint at when we may find out)
8. Any final comments on 2011?
Please send your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org