Before we get lost in TCAF I just want to get out the reminder to Montreal area comic fans that Oscar and Alex are holding another MONTREAL COMIC-CON this weekend on Sunday May 9th!
Location: Place Bonaventure, room 200-N, 800, rue de la Gauchetière Ouest, Montreal (Quebec) H5A 1K6
Admission: $5, Children under 6 are free, as are all mothers accompanying their children.
Guest of Honour: Chris Claremont
There will be a costume contest on May 9th. Five hundred dollars ($500) will be awarded to winners, as follows:
– Every hour from 12:00pm to 4:00pm, a winner will be declared and will receive a $100 credit to spend at any exhibitor or artist booth.
– The registration will be at the entrance and is free of charge.
– Costumes of all genres are welcome, from designs recreated from movies, TV, comic books, fantasy art and Japanese anime, to never-before-seen original designs from the imaginations of our contestants.
– Jennifer Aubin will be in charge of the contest. Also, Henry Wong will be the official photographer.
– Costumes will be judged on originality and on how contestants fit into their character. Note: A homemade costume has an advantage over a store-bought costume.
Carta Magica will be running two tournaments (Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh!) on May 9th. Lots of prizes will be awarded. For more info, click here. Registration will take place from 11:00am to 11:55am at the event and the tournaments will start at noon.