Located in the South Building of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, the show will be boasting unique exhibitors, presentations, workshops and many celebrity guests. Don’t miss out on spring’s #1 community event in Toronto!
That’s the announcement from the new website: Toronto Comicon – March 10-11, 2012 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
After last year’s 2-day FREE event in April Hobbystar spent a lot of time talking with fans and exhibitors about the state of the annual spring Toronto ComiCON Fan Appreciation Event and based on those conversations and a forced schedule adjustment it looks as if we are going bigger and better in 2012!
For a few reasons we’ve decided to drop “Fan Appreciation Event” from the show name and in 2012 it will be promoted as the TORONTO COMICON – A PRESENTATION OF FANEXPO CANADA (TM). Bullet points are:
* More celebrity guests! Last year there were 3, in 2012 there will be significantly more.
* More comic pro guests!
* Bigger Space! More than double the size of the 2011 event.
* Low cost admission! Daily and Weekend Rate.
* 10×10 Exhibitor Booths for half the cost of the same at Fan Expo!
* Special exhibitor rates for those who take 4 or more booths!
* Fan Expo Canada Premium Pass holders get in free!
* Low cost Artist Alley tables!
* Free admission to all kids 12 and under on this March Break weekend!
There’s a HUGE announcement just around the corner with the show dates and celebrity and comic pro guests.
Admission, according to the site is $20/day or $30 for a weekend pass.
But I can confirm some of your favourite Canadian creators will be making an appearance (see below).
Along with this news is the announcement that the February 5th one day show is being postponed as it is too close on the schedule to the revised Toronto ComiCon.
CANADIAN GUESTS FOR MARCH 10-11 INCLUDE:
ANTHONY DEL COL